Hong Qing (1913–1979)
The Chinese architect, who cooperated with a Russian colleague on the construction of the Peoples’ Grand Hotel, was a warm-hearted friendly man with an eye for landscapes and a heart for the combination of classic architecture with Chinese elements.
Born in January 1913 in Wuyuan city, Anhui Province, he went to France and Belgium from 1928–1932 to study architecture and design. He graduated from the École Nationale Supérieure d’Architecture de Paris-Belleville and École Supérieure des Arts Saint-Luc Liège before he returned to China. He worked for a private architecture firm in Shanghai and Suzhou.
Some works (of over 100) by Hong Qing:
Teaching Building of Shanghai Fudan University,
Science Museum of Suzhou Lizhong,
Participated in the design of the Chairman Mao Memorial Hall.
Professor and dean at the art department of Shanghai Art School,
Professor at the art design department of Shanghai Xinhua Art School.
Mr. Hong in Xi’an
In 1951 Hong moved to Xi’an and worked for the Northwest Construction and Design Company.
Director, Chief Engineer
Head Engineer of Northwest Construction Design Institute of China State Construction
Second, Third, Fourth, Fifth and Sixth Committee Member of Xi’an City
the Sixth Committee Member of C .P .P .C. C .of Shaanxi Province
Temporary Leadership member of Jiusan Society
Director of China State Construction
Director and Vice-President of Construction institute of Shaanxi Province
Director of Xi’an Gardens Bureau
Committee Member of Xian Cultural Heritage Bureau
Works in Xi’an
The Peoples’ Grand Hotel (Renmin Dasha)
The Grand Theatre
Xing Qing Park
The Huaqing Hot Spring